If we’d known that four months ago we’d be writing this blog, we wouldn’t have believed you.
We’re now part of the Elddis Family and this road trip just took on an entirely new meaning.
If you’re sitting comfortably, let us begin.
Now this is a story all about how
Our lives got flipped-turned upside down
and we’d like to take a minute
Just sit right there
We’ll tell you how we became the kings of mountain air…
Here’s how it’s done
- Decide, almost on a whim that you’d like to spend next winter in the mountains.
- Consider that snow can be sketchy so road tripping is the way forward
- Discover that either a) this is almost impossible to do because everything is too difficult or b) road tripping the Alps is the best kept secret in snow sports.
- Ignore 3a) and draw up budgets and a project plan.
- Get jolly peeved about the amount of trawling we’re having to do on the internet to find any useful information at all
- Go to the pub with motorhome friends and discover that it isn’t impossible but it is a secret.
- Go home and decide that secrets are rubbish and we’re going to let the cat out of the bag.
So, we contacted British motorhome manufacturer Elddis for a bit of a whinge.
Why is everyone telling us we can’t do this? Why is everyone saying that motorhomes aren’t suitable for deep winter touring? Why do people put their motorhomes into hibernation over winter and not use them for adventuring? Are people mad?”
The answer was simple….
Silly isn’t it… what are you going to do about it?”
So we told them our plan and they said “right’oh then… off you go. Here’s something you might need” AND GAVE US THE KEYS TO A BEAUTIFUL WINTERIZED MOTORHOME.
NO WE ARE NOT KIDDING.
We are so thrilled to be handed the baton from the Grey Gappers… Elddis bloggers who’ve just returned from an epic 18 month tour through Europe in a fancy fandango Elddis Encore.
They’ve given us a big responsibility and we can’t wait to meet them at the NEC in Birmingham in a few weeks time for the Motorhome and Caravan Show.
Here’s what their trip looked like:
So – Elddis have been blummin brilliant and we’re exited to be proving the point that motorhoming isn’t just a summer sport.
How on earth did this happen?! If you take anything from this, it’s this:
Whinging is good for creating life changing moments. Fact.
Winterized. Proud partners of Elddis Motorhomes.